This category is designed for those employed or those who could work independently interested in contributing their expertise in the growth of the Canadian economy.
To apply through this category, the applicant must demonstrate:
- The relevant experience and the intention and ability to help improve Canada's culture and sports, or
- Experience in the administration of estates, and the intention and ability to purchase and manage a farm in Canada
In addition to the above, the applicant must:
- Demonstrate the ability and intent to be self employed
- Comply with the criteria defined by the Government of Canada to be self-employed
- Meet medical and security requirements demanded by the Government of Canada
- Demonstrate that the applicant has sufficient financial resources to cover their expenses and those of the people who travel with him to Canada
Among the criteria that the Government of Canada evaluates are: education, experience, age, management of official languages English and French, and the adaptability of the applicant. The advice of a committed and experienced professional is required for these cases. Processing times for these applications vary by country and the government of Canada are the ones who determine the wait time.